Friday, 25 September 2009

The Green Scroll Campaign

Still haven't got personal access to the Internet and am still resorting to using the university library for my Internet needs. Hopefully all will be well come next week, I'm dying to put up some new strips.

Anyways, I thought I'd quickly write about the Iranian diaspora's Green Scroll Campaign. This campaign aimed to create the world's longest green scroll covered with signatures of those questioning the legitimacy of the re-election of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad back in June. The original plan was the hang the scroll from the Eiffel Tower in July, but the campaign is still apparently getting signatures from people across the globe. I haven't really heard much of the campaign since the (very limited) coverage on it back in the summer, but the last time I heard something on the campaign was a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, the unveiling of the scroll won't happen until around the end of the year in Stockholm when the leaders of the 27 member-states of the European Union meet up in a summit. I can't really verify this as even the Internet has a limited number of sources on the campaign.

Here's the campaign's website

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff, hopefully it will happen sooner rather than later, so the whole world can see what Iranians think of the fascist Islamic Republic.

    Arash

    ReplyDelete