Friday, 15 February 2013

Make Tea, Not War

Today is exactly ten years ago since millions of people across the world protested against the Iraq War.

It was the first ever protest I attended. Although it no longer exists, and I don't have any photographic evidence on hand to prove otherwise, the placard I made for that day went something like this:


I didn't know that placards from all different groups would be provided that day. Besides, I'm still quite pleased with my first ever attempt on making a protest sign; considering I was only thirteen at the time and never went to a protest before. I originally wanted to write "Make Tea Not War" in reference to the Hell's Grannies sketch from Monty Python, but it turned out loads of other people had the same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment